Nowadays motorcycles are not about mileages but there is an increasing segment where people invest in Premium bikes to hone or relive the passion for biking. This is where Premium bikes come into picture. They have special features which makes them stand out in the crowd. The features like key-less start, stereo system with Bluetooth and smartphone compatibility, high-performance braking with ABS, dual control heated seat with passenger and rider backrest and many more. Here are the some of the popular brands in India for premium bikes.
List of Premium Bikes In India
- Bajaj and Kawasaki have quite a long history of working together. Kawasaki made technical assistance agreement with Bajaj Auto Ltd in 1984 and cooperated to expand production and sales of motorcycles in India.
- India Kawasaki Motors Private Limited (IKM) was established on May 2010 in Pune, Maharashtra for imports and sales of motorcycles. Recently Kawasaki parted ways with Bajaj and decided to sell motorcycles through its own network.
- The latest Kawasaki products in India
- Benelli is one of the oldest Italian motorcycle manufacturers established in 1911 by 6 Benelli brothers Giuseppe, Giovanni, Francesco, Filippo, Domenico and Antonio, known as “Tonino”. They first started from Benelli garage where they repaired and manufactured motorcycle parts
- In 1921, Velomotore was created, a single cylinder two stroke 75 cc bike. In the following year ‘Motoleggera’ a 98 cc bike was created which was appreciated by the public of that time. Finally the first real Benelli motorcycle was created, a 175 cc model which was ridden by Tonino.
- Riding a Benelli 175, Tonino Benelli won four Italian championship titles in five years: in 1927, 1928 and 1930 with the single overhead camshaft (SOHC) version, and in 1931 with the double overhead camshaft (DOHC) version.
- Moto Guzzi is an Italian motorcycle manufacturer and the oldest European manufacturer in continuous motorcycle production established in 1921 in Mandello del Lario, Italy. Learn more about it here.
- Ducati manufactures the world’s most attractive motorcycles through deep commitment to racing competitions. Ducati builds emotion and is proud to represent Italian industry as the essence of Italian style shows through the design of each bike.
- Ducati is an Italian company that designs and manufactures motorcycles and it is Headquartered in Bologna, Italy. Ducati is owned by German automotive manufacturer Audi through its Italian subsidiary Lamborghini, which is all owned by the Volkswagen Group.
- There is a Ducati showroom in Bologna where in the the stories of legendary bikes and riders are told and a pure passion for performance and excellence permeates the air.
Ducati models in India –
- Diavel – XDiavel S
- Hypermotard – Hypermotard 939 SP
- Monster – 1200 R
- Multistrada – 1200 Enduro
- Superbike – Panigale R
- Aprilia is an Italian motorcycle and premium bikes company owned by Piaggio. The company started with manufacturing bicycles and later moved on to manufacture of scooters and small capacity motorcycles. Find out more about Aprillia here.
- Meccanica Verghera Agusta, is a Italian premium bikes motorcycle manufacturer established in the year 1945 near Milan in Cascina Costa, Italy.
- Cagiva(an abbreviation of CAstiglioni GIovanni VArese) purchased the MV Agusta name trademarks in 1991. In 1997 it introduced the first new MV Agusta motorcycle.
- MV Agusta retired from Grand Prix racing at the end of the 1976 season, having won 270 Grand Prix motorcycle races, 38 World Rider’s Championships and 37 World Constructor’s Championships.
- Hyosung is a South Korean Premium bikes motorcycle manufacturer. The Hyosung bikes are introduced to India through DSK Motorwheels, a part of DS Kulkarni Group.
- DSK Motorwheels is going to set up a new plant near Pune, to assemble and manufacture motorcycles for Benelli and Hyosung.
- DSK Motorwheels has been aggressively expanding Hyosung’s footprint across the country and recently inaugurated the brand’s 40th dealership in India.
- Triumph Motorcycles Ltd is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and world’s most iconic premier bikes motorcycle brand.
- It was founded by John Bloor in 1984 after the original company Triumph Engineering went into receivership in the year 1983. The founder, John Bloor bought the name and manufacturing rights from the original receiver.
- In 1995, the Triple Connection clothing range and the accessories range of products were launched. Triumph made a commercial decision to design all their own motorcycle clothing rather than license other producers.
Triumph Premium bikes Motorcycle models
- Adventure and Touring – Tiger 800 Family, Tiger Explorer Family
- Cruisers – Rocket III, Thunderbird
- Modern Classics – Bonneville Bobber, Bonneville T125, Street Twin, Thruxton R, Bonneville T100
- Roadster and Supersports – Daytona 675 ABS, Speed Triple ABS, Street Triple Family