Bangalore Pandhis Motorcycle Club
Bangalore Pandhis Motorcycle Club or BPMC was established in 2010 as a group of like-minded long distance riding enthusiasts by Venkatesh Rammohan, along with six other members. Bangalore Pandhis has grown steadily over the years and have female bike enthusiasts in the group too. The members have a strong passion for Motorcycles and long distance touring. It is not a group or an organisation for profit or Gains. It is based on a deep understanding of brotherhood, commitment and perseverance.
As quoted by the Founder Venkatesh Rammohan “Your choice of iron is yours, not ours, so we accept all cruisers”. The group shares an undeniable passion for riding, and having a good time. They are committed to enjoy life together and support one another. It is a group of career orientated people who enjoy the biker lifestyle. The members love to ride, socialize, meet new people and keep the bikes clean and mean. The group is from the silicon capital of India, Bang.. Bang.. Bangalore.
They follow a tagline of ‘”Burn RUBBER NOT your SOUL.”
When they vroom in a group, the roads are cleared for them. Calling themselves ‘Bangalore Pandhis’, they are an exclusive group of people, rumbling the roads with their hulking Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Why are they called Bangalore Pandhis?
Pandhis meaning is pigs in Kodava language. The Founder, Rammohan exclaims that their fondness for the exceptionally good Pork dish ‘Pandhi Curry’ from Kodagu lead them to choose the name for the group.
Pandhis have a wild boar as their mascot, inspired by the the original story of Hog Boys of 1920s when a team of farm hands rode Harley Davidsons with a live pig as their mascot before giving themselves the name.
Rides and Brands
The group comprises of riders from across India and the US and its members have completed numerous rides across India, Asia, Europe and the US. Some distinctions include- first group in India to complete the ‘Iron Butt Ride’, ‘Ride the Golden Quadrilateral‘ and ‘Ride across the US‘ and visit Sturgis on Harley-Davidson motorcycles
Brands in the group include Motorcycles from Harley-Davidson, BMW, Ducati, Triumph and Indian.
Safety Awareness Programs by Bangalore Pandhis
Furthermore, the group also spreads awareness programs for public. By riding in fully equipped gears and spreading the message of Safety. Four riders of Bangalore Pandhis are members of the US-based Iron Butt Association (IBA). They made the grade after completing 1600 km in 24 hours, doing the Bangalore-Pune-Bangalore stretch in April last year.
Basic Bangalore Pandhis Club Guidelines :
The Bangalore Pandhis as a motorcycle club/group has some guidelines:
– New riders to The Bangalore Pandhis have to be sponsored/recommended by an existing member.
– The following RULES/GUIDELINES apply to both new and old members of the club/group.
- The club organizes 1 Day Ride every month and 1 week end/ overnight-er ride every 2 months, 1 Anniversary ride annually and 1 extreme ride every 6 months.
- The club organizes a monthly catch up every month for the members to meet and stay in touch.
- To retain your membership in this club and forum you would have to participate in any of the above events at least once in 2 months.
- Defaulters will be removed from this forum. After which they have to ride with the club/group at least 2 times to rejoin this forum.