History Of Honda cars
The Honda Motor Company was founded by Soichiro Honda in 1946. The motorcycle builder Soichiro Honda incorporates the Honda Motor Company in Japan. In the 1960s, the company achieved worldwide fame for its motorcycles and in the year 1970 it achieved worldwide fame for its affordable, fuel-efficient honda cars. Today in large part because of its continued emphasis on affordability, efficiency and eco-friendliness the company is doing better than most. Honda is synonymous with safe, dependable, economical and fuel-efficient automobiles.
The company has assembly plants around the globe. These plants are located in China, the United States, Pakistan, Canada, England, Japan, Belgium, Brazil, México, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Turkey, Taiwan, Peru and Argentina. In India, the Honda Car Manufacturing Plant is located in Tapukara, Rajasthan.
Honda Car Manufacturing Plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan.
- The Honda Civic was launched in 1973 as a solution to the oil crisis that arose that year and was able to achieve 40 miles per gallon on a highway. It went onto becoming one of the world’s most fuel-efficient cars.
- The Honda Prelude was the world’s first four-wheel drive car.
- Honda was the first Japanese car manufacturer to launch the dedicated luxury brand in 1986- named Acura.
- Honda Accord became the first model under a foreign brand name to become the best-selling vehicle in the United States.
- Honda became the second largest car manufacturer in Japan in 2001. Honda’s market value equals that of GM and Ford put together and the company is the eight-largest automobile manufacturer in the world.
- The tiny Fit car manufactured by Honda is selling well, and the company has plans to introduce a five-door hybrid model that will compete with Toyota’s Prius.
Popular Models in Honda Brand
- Honda Brio
- Honda Amaze
- Honda Jazz
- Honda Mobilio
- Honda WR-V
- Honda BRV
- Honda City
- Honda CRV
- Honda Civic
- Honda CRV Facelift
- Honda Vezel
- Honda Brio SUV
- Honda Accord Hybrid